With the Lenten season upon us, it is usual for for many families to opt for fish dishes since abstinence from meat is highly recommended. Most faithful often forget though that this "sacrifice" has to go hand in hand with simplicity otherwise it is actually indulgence. Instead of going for the pricey fishes with elaborate presentation, why not consider going simple as in Crispy Bangus Belly with Lettuce Salad?
It is actually very easy to prepare right at your own home. You will just need the following:
frozen bangus belly
honey mustard salad dressing
1. Thaw bangus belly and slice into desired sizes. You can always choose to use fresh bangus belly lightly seasoned with salt, ground peper, and calamansi.
2. Dip in beaten egg flavored with salt and ground pepper and coat with bread crumbs.
3. Fry each piece until it attains desired crispiness and drain excess oil by placing on wire rack.
4. Slice lettuce and cheese.
5. Arrange sliced lettuce, cheese, and drizzle with honey mustard sauce.
6. Place crispy bangus belly on top.