My children are not especially fond of tomatoes when they are to be eaten visibly looking as they are. They have no problems eating them sauteed in a meat viand but not otherwise. The stuffed tomatoes I prepared tonight changed their minds. And to think it was so simple to prepare.
10 ripe tomatoes
1/4 kilo ground pork
garlic and onion
salt and pepper
balsamic vinegar (optional)
1. Cut the top of each tomato and carefully core without creating holes or disfiguring shape.
2. Put a few drops of balsamic vinegar on each cored tomato and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Set aside.
3. Saute ground pork with garlic, onion, and tomato core. Season with salt and pepper. Let cool. Preheat oven.
4. Put ground pork mix in tomatoes. Top with cheese strips.
5. Bake in oven until tomato is slightly wilted for about 15-20 minutes at 375F.
Now I know I can still help my children overcome their childhood prejudices about certain food by making them more attractive to eat.